Osprey HR is a Dorset-based human resources and organisational development consulting practice founded in 2007 by Paul Middlemast. BSc, Pg. DMS (HR), MA (HRM), Chartered MCIPD
Paul Middlemast is Osprey’s senior partner and owner, a Chartered HR Consultant with a team of seasoned and knowledgeable HR experts works with growing companies in a variety of organisations throughout the South of England, London, Dublin, and Belfast and advises organisations in: NYC and Sydney. We specialise in:
Flexible HR Support to:
- Small and medium sized businesses
- Schools and education sector in the UK
- Not for profit organisations
- Busy HR teams in small, medium and larger sized organisations
The practice incorporates all of the services that are associated with a Human Resources to organisation’s seeking to achieve competitive advantage through the planned development of a highly committed and capable workforce, using an array of cultural, structural and human resources techniques'.
The importance of keeping up with the changes in employment law should not be underestimated. The benefits of having professional advice and guidance readily available to ensure that accurate detailed documentation and procedures are in place will help avoid potential costly litigation and result in greater efficiency, whilst ensuring staff motivation and commitment.
Drive your organisational effectiveness through great HR
As the experts in the world of work we bring clarity to your HR strategy, structures, policies and process. Osprey HR helps organisations professionalise and reduce the risk of litigation and raise the quality and impact of the organisational people strategy.
Whether it’s to shift your strategic focus, manage complex employment issues, TUPE transfer’s, manage day-to-day (transactional) HR, deliver cultural change, develop agility to meet future challenge’s, or do more with less, Osprey HR will set you on the right track.
How does Osprey HR consultancy work?
All our services are bespoke and designed to suit each business.
We offer a free, without obligation, audit which covers the main framework of HR activities such as policies and procedures, contracts of employment and other necessary documentation.
Main areas of practice
Osprey’s HR Consultancy Practice combines specialist practical and commercial HR experience with robust legal advice from our employment lawyers. This means we provide up-to-the-minute expert opinion on all issues relating to HR, employee relations and the law.
As experienced HR Consultants we provide three main types of HR consultancy
- As retained HR consultants
- As advisors on strategic intervention
- As advisors on specific projects, either on a short term basis or appointed to represent your organisation – managing a TUPE transfer is an example
Osprey HR Consultancy has extensive experience right across the HR spectrum, with specialist knowledge of the following areas:
- Transactional HR systems and processes
- Reviewing and implementing: contracts of employment, employment documentation (forms and letters), policies and associated documentation
- Managing change programmes
- Performance management and securing employee engagement
- Employee benefit reviews linking pay and reward
- TUPE, Mergers and Acquisitions, change management, restructuring, job evaluation, redundancy planning
- TUPE projects including the conducting of collective negotiations
- Organisational restructures following a merger or acquisition
- HR redundancy issues and outplacement
- Conducting investigations and managing disciplinary, grievance and appeal processes
- Dealing with difficult situations, i.e. terminations, settlement agreements, disciplinary, grievances etc.
- Reviewing, designing and implementing absence management
- Compensation and benefits reviews
- Pension auto-enrolment assistance
- Coaching and mentoring
- Performance management
- Training review and planning, training needs analysis
- International assignments, expatriation, mobility
- Health & Safety advice – risk assessments and policies
So that's what we do... why choose Osprey HR Consulting?
We've been providing employee relations solutions to our clients for more a number of years and have built up a list of clients ranging from private companies, NPO’s, Education and the NHS.
Over the years, we've worked with organisations that recognise trade unions and those that don't and therefore have the capability to create solutions that fit the employee relations environment you operate in.
All of our services and materials are quality assured and we trade on a reputation of delivering high quality, highly responsive, outcome focussed services. No surprise then that most of business is repeat business.
All of our HR associates are specialist in their field highly experience of working in Human Resource Management at senior levels in non-union and unionised organisations
We draw on a wide range of resources to ensure that the materials and advice we give you are top class and our services are all covered by comprehensive professional indemnity insurance.
We offer flexible support solutions based on your needs and your budget. Whether you simply want a second opinion on an employment issue or a full package of support for significant organisational change and improvement or conflict resolution, we'll be happy to help.
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development is the professional body for those involved in the management and development of people.
Paul Middlemast is a Chartered Member (Chartered MIPD)